4. You also might not want a baby name that is so trendy that it will sound funny by the time the baby is ten years old. (For example... Sunshine.)
5. Be careful not to pick a name that's really cute for an adorable little baby but will sound silly when your little one grows up. (For example, Dimples or Cutie Pie.)
6. Avoid baby names that might produce insulting nicknames when people shorten them. (So maybe not Smellonius, or Smelly for short !)
7. You and your family might not want a name that is so hard to spell or to pronounce that people will always get it wrong and therefore, your poor son or daughter will have to go through their enire life correcting people.
8. You and your family might want to pick baby names in honor of favorite relatives or ancestors, or special names that show your family's ethnic roots. You may even want to borrow a name from one of your favorite celebrities or sports athelete.
9. Study the top 100 baby names and choose one that has a special meaning that you like - maybe something that means "strong" or "kind" or "brave".
10. Look at your own family names and see if using any name combinations create unusual baby names you like. Ask other family members for their suggestions, even invite your friends to give you their opinions. Does a relative have names you like? Do be careful if the names are already used. Ask other family members to be sure your favorite unusual baby names are not given to relatives. It can become confusing in families when two people have the same names.
Have fun and enjoy viewing the top 100 baby names when choosing your child's names. Enjoy and celebrate the moment. You will know it was worth every minute spent looking for that baby boy or baby girl name...a name that will identify them for their lifetime.
About The Author
Come visit Christy Hollis at http://www.online-shopping-101.com/top-100-baby-names/top-100-baby-names.html. She is Vice President and Editor of Online Shopping 101 at http://www.online-shopping-101.com.